Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blog Assignment #1

About Me
Hi my name is LaVenia Curtis, I am 23 years old and I have a 6 month old son. I currently live a home with my parents,and my sister and brother, hopefully not for long.  I live here in Mobile,AL. I just transferred to USA from Auburn University Montgomery, where I studied Elementary Education. The curriculum has just changed in the spring semester, so a lot of my classes that I took I can't use so I'm having to re-take a lot of classes. It is a little furstrating that I have to start over but I know that everything happens for a reason. My hobbies or interests are raising my my son, shopping, and having fun.

My passion is children and I love children. I believe that every child should have a great foundation in learning, this foundation are important keys to succeed. I want to be a part of this success. I know the pay isn't going to be all that great but I'm not in this profession for the money, I'm in it for the children. I hope to begin working in an elementary school as soon as I graduate from USA.
Time Management
Watching Randy Pausch's video on time management, I learned that you should always have a plan. You can plan each day, week or even semester. Break your plans into small steps and do the biggest thing first. Procrastination is a bad thing to do because it will cause you to get behind and mess things up.If you do not plan you can become stressed and things can fall apart. Its ok if the plan changes but at least you have a plan.

2 comments:

  1. Lavenia,

    Good first post. We are excited to have you in EDM310! We are expecting a little more reflection on your future assignments, fyi. :] Good luck with classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks of the comment. I hope you don't mind me asking you a question but for future references what do you mean by "more reflection"? Do I need to go more in-depth about what I am blogging about?

    ReplyDelete