Tuesday, August 30, 2011

C4T Assignment

 I had the pleasure in reading Eva Buyuksimkesyan's blog was called "Becoming a Teacher". She talks about some things that up and coming; new teachers may go through or come across when entering the teaching field for the first time. Things such as wanting praise from the principal of the school and support from fellow co-workers. She explains that sometimes as new teacher we expect the principal and the other teachers to support, praise and lend a helping hand. Sometimes you will not receive that; principal may ignore you and fellow teacher may not help you. As a teacher, we have to be life-long learners and self-motivators. She tells new teachers to always find online courses and seminars to stay knowledgeable. She talks about how we should not give up on the slow learners because they need a little more help, it is easy to teach the smart children but it takes a good teacher to teach the not so smart children. Also, get feedback from your students to see what are ways you can improve. I suggest that all up and coming; or new teachers read this blog.

I commented on her blog thanking her for that blog and how I had heard bad things about teaching, it made me a little nervous. She motivated me to continue on my journey in becoming a teacher and to motivate myself.

Post #2
The second blog I read by Eva Buyuksimkesyan's was "24th Edition of EEL/ESL/ELL Blog Carnival". The theme of the carnival was "Warmers, Fillers, and 1st week activities". In this blog, she included blog from other teachers. I view the other teacher blog and they had some really great ideas on things to do with students during the first week of school. There was also a link inside her blog were you could download the carnival and you can look at what the teachers put together.

I commented on her blog stating that her and the rest of the teachers had some really great activities to use inside the classroom. I also told her that it was a really great idea for her to put the carnival inside her post so others can view it and use some of these ideas in the classroom. I thanked her and left my twitter name.

No comments:

Post a Comment