Friday, October 7, 2011

C4T Summary Post

This week I was assigned to Ms. Racheal Saucier "Synthesizing Education" and Mr. Aaron Eyler blog about "E-readers: Does Anybody Else Have This Problem?" Aaron's blog was about the kindle and the ipad. He has a problem reading a book on the ipad because it only has enough power for 10 minutes and that isn't enough time to read a traditional book in that amount of time. Another problem he has with using an ipad is while he is reading a book, he is constantly checking his e-mails and twitter tread. This is a distraction. Schools are now investing in getting students ipad or tablets for the classroom.  A kindle is better for students to have because it just only has the e-book on it and children can't get side-tracked or distracted. Mr. Eyler states that even though a kindle is better for students to have than ipads, how do we keep them from not getting distracted? 

My comment to Mr. Aaron Eyler's blog was I find myself with the same problem of getting distracted on an ipad by checking my e-mails, facebook, and twitter. I tend to re-read a page over because I've gotten so distracted that I have forgotten what I just read. Some children today do not enjoy reading, they think its boring and they don't want to do it. I suggested that teachers should keep their children engaged in reading. One way to do that is since schools now have smart boards in the classroom put the book on the board and have the children reading and answering questions.   
worm with glasses reading a book


1 comment:

  1. Mr. Eyler has a good point about an iPad's distractions. However, SO many more activities can be done on an iPad. A kindle can be read... an iPad can be read, listened to, watched, used for research and hold notes.

    What did you find on Ms. Saucier's blog post, "Synthesizing Education?" The assignment is to summarize both.

    ReplyDelete