Saturday, November 19, 2011

Additional Post # 1

metaphors

I was one of the students who missed the metaphor in Tom Johnson's Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home. I now understand why I missed the metaphor. Metaphors are like "reading between the lines", the messages in them are hidden and you as reader have to figure out what is the real message that the writer is trying to tell you. If you don't know or understand metaphors it is easy to miss it when you come encounter with one.
During this fall semester Dr. Strange did not ask us to keep a log of the metaphors that we came encounter with. To help students to better understand metaphors, we should explain it better and have students to regularly work with them so they will be able to know and recognize them when they see them. We use metaphors to add intrest to our conversations and to get people to think differently about a subject.

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete