Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blog Post # 11

student standing at the door of his classroom

Ms. Cassidy First Grade Class
In Ms. Cassidy's first grade class, she uses many different kinds of technology in her classroom. She uses blogs, web pages, wikis, video, Skype, and Nintendo DS to teach in her classroom. Ms. Cassidy's first graders use blogs to teach them how to write better and it is a way for others to see what they are doing in her classroom and they receive feedback from other people on their work; they also use their class web page to help them find different activities to do and it helps parents to know what the students are doing in the classroom; using wikis helped them to organize large quantities of information. They used Skype video to talk to different experts and people around the world; using Nintendo DS helped them to learn how to share. 

I will use different forms of technology is my classroom. I will use a class web page/blog in my classroom to let parents see what their child is learning and have different activities for my students to do with their parents. I will also use the Skype video to help my students to learn more information about the topic we are discussing. Using different types of technology will help my students find other ways of learning in my classroom and it will keep learning fun for them. 
skype interview between dr.strange and ms.cassidy


This interview was between Dr. Strange in the EDM 310 lab and Ms. Cassidy. Ms. Cassidy talks about the different types of technology she uses in her classroom. She gets support from parents and other teachers. Ms. Cassidy's students loved using technology in her classroom , because they know how to use it and its fun and learning at the same time. Ms. Cassidy talks about her students has blogging buddies who comment on her students blog posts. Students get excited to know other people are reading their work and leaving them comments.
Listening and watching this interview makes me want to use all kinds of technology in my classroom. It good to know that the students love it and you can get support from others who may want to adopt what you are doing in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lavenia,

    I really enjoyed watching the video about Ms. Cassidy's first grade class. I believe that it is very important for technology to be used in the classroom. I too plan to have a class webpage/blog to keep the parents and guardians up to date with important dates and student work. It is a wonderful way to communicate with parents and guardians. Your blog is very organized and well written. Keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LaVenia,

    Nice post. You just need to be sure to proofread your posts. I know I've told you that before, but I've definitely seen improvement. Gold star!

    ReplyDelete