Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Post # 12

For this blog post assignment, I want you to think about different networking strategies you would use in your classroom. Using those networks, describe what they would be and how would you use them. Write a short summary. Follow the requirements in Writing a Quality Blog.

I chose a web page/blog and Skype. A web page/blog would be my classroom blog to show my students and parent what we are doing in the classroom. It could be a way for students to keep track of their homework and show their parents what they are doing in the classroom. Also, I would have activities and worksheets for parents to help their child with. I would ask the parents to get involved with the web page/blog by asking for comments or suggestions on making the webpage interesting and informal for them as well as the student. Skype would be used to communicate with other teachers and students around the world or in the United States. I feel the students will enjoy talking to other students about what they are doing in my classroom and vise verse.
networking

2 comments:

  1. Hey LaVenia,

    My name is Adrienne Babb and I think that the idea to use classroom blogs is a great one. Keeping the parents informed and involved with their children's progress at school is very important. Also, the student will have more experience using the internet for educational purposes. I know that your students will love using Skype in the classroom and I wish you luck in your career as an educator and a survivor of EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LaVenia,

    I like the concept, but I feel like it's merely just a repetition of what we've done throughout the semester and not anything "new" or "different." You're on the right track though.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete