Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog Post # 13

wolfram alpha

For this blog post assignment I chose to do option 1: The Standard Blog Assignment. In this assignment we were to learn how to use a powerful search tool called "Wolfram Alpha". Using "Wolfram Alpha" we were to look up the population of China, India, and the United States and answer some questions.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/
No I did not know anything about wolfram alpha and Google square. I still don't know anything about it Google square, I've tried to look it up and use it but I could not find it. I used the link that was given in the instruction manual and it doesn't work and I tried to type it in my search engine on Google and I still couldn't find it.China's population is 1.35 billion people and is ranked number 1 in the world; and united states' population is 309 billion people and is ranked number 3 in the world.India's population is 1.21 billion people and is ranked number 2 in the world; united states is 309 billion people.Yes, i think this wolfram alpha useful tool for me to use when I need to look up something. The thing I like about wolfram alpha is it takes you right to what you are looking for instead of giving you several links and you have to decide which one to use.
Yes, I definitely think that my students should use wolfram alpha as a search engine tool. Wolfram alpha can be a useful tool for students to use to get a lot of information. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey LaVenia,
    I had always thought that the United States had the biggest population in the world with China a close second. After reading your post, I see I was way off. I have never heard of Wolfram Alpha either, but I am really curious to see what it is. Good luck with the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LaVenia,

    Google Squared was a search data configuration machine that Google phased out this year despite being a success. Here's a link to the Wikipedia page about it. Google Squared

    And here's an article talking about the phasing out of Google Squared.

    And the United States population is 309 MILLION not BILLION. Easy mistake. Although if it were billion, then we'd be at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete